ABSL - Auckland Basketball Services Limited
Founded in 2012 by Basketball Auckland (BA) and Counties Manukau Basketball (CMBB) through a collaborative partnership agreement. ABSL is a limited liability company set up to deliver shared basketball services across the region. The new entity would build on the strengths of each association, share resources and ensure that more resources were invested in to front line services - improved services & support for schools, coaches, officials, basketball leagues and basketball players. In addition, a key priority - to satisfy the huge demand and significant potential in a region with a growing youth population. In 2013, the company was registered as a Charitable Company (CC48853) and in 2016 Waitakere West Auckland Basketball joined ABSL adding further strength to the organisation. The amalgamation of the three associations (holding equal shares in ABSL) now provides a strong, united voice for our basketball communities.
ABSL Vision - Driving Basketball into the future and beyond
ABSL aspire to be the leading regional basketball organisation in New Zealand delivering outstanding basketball experiences for athletes, officials, coaches and managers inspiring a vibrant and inclusive basketball community across greater Auckland.
ABSL Mission - Growing Basketball Together
To lead the growth and development of basketball in Greater Auckland through the delivery of exceptional basketball programmes in a collaborative, community focused, innovative and sustainable manner.
- Family and Community: We embrace diversity and respectfully work together to nurture families and build strong communities through basketball
- Integrity: We conduct ourselves openly and transparently in a professional manner with honesty and integrity.
- Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do.
- Sportsmanship: We celebrate and protect the high principles of sporting endeavour and fair play.
ABSL Strategic Pillars
- Develop facilities infrastructure
- Financial viability & sustainability (operational/administrative effectiveness)
- Development pathways
- Regional and Local Leadership
ABSL Strategic Objectives 2016-2019
ABSL Brand Guidelines